Just some of the things on my mind today:
- Today I’m 17 weeks pregnant. I thought I felt a kick or two last night, but this early on it’s so hard to tell. I can’t believe I’ve made it this far! Should only be a couple weeks and then I’ll get my beloved ultrasound. I’m PRAYING this child will cooperate because if I can’t find out, I’m going to go into a steep decline.
- Finding out the gender might make having to decide to get a tubal done easier. I’m still unsure, but knowing what “variety” I’ve got going here might make it easier. At least that’s what I’m hoping because right now I have no idea what to do. All I do know is that after this one, we’ll be done having kids.
- October has been the month of “isolation”. As nice as it is to lay around in pajamas all day, it does leave one feeling a touch lonely. Am glad the month is almost over and Harry will be going back to school next week. Maybe then I won’t be so lonely. Tall order, I know.
- We think Liam has been saying some words. “Hi” is pretty easy to recognize and not surprising seeing as how friendly he can be. We also swear we heard him say “night night” in response to me saying the same thing the other night. He’s definitely getting more interactive (though his constant exersaucer escaping is wearing on me).
- It seems strange that Halloween is tomorrow. I’m hoping I don’t forget to dress the kids up because knowing me, that’s just the sort of thing I would do. I’m looking forward to eating some candy. Except replace the word “some” with “a lot”.
- I may be having another little “funk”. It could be from having too much time on my hands to think about things. I generally tend to get down when I spend day after day by myself (well myself and the kids, of course). Could be my thyroid and it’s being out of whack (even though I am now on the heavy-duty meds for that). I just know I have zero motivation, I’m having a lot of headaches, and I feel depressed a lot. Boo.
- We carved pumpkins last night. I may put up a picture of them tomorrow if I think of it. Harry did a great job on his own pumpkin and I did a fantastic job roasting the seeds, if I do say so myself.
- Our power also went out last night due to a fairly nasty storm that passed by. We ended up eating peanut butter and honey sandwiches for dinner because it was the only thing we could think of that didn’t need to be cooked. Thankully, the power came back on in time for carving the pumpkins and for DWTS and Heroes. You know, the important stuff.