I saw this meme over on Lizarita’s blog and I couldn’t resist. Mostly because I need to POST something and when I’m all blocked like this, a meme is just the thing to get me going again.
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now?
Good question. I’m pretty sure it’s some generic type of shower gel. Oh, we also have baby wash in there as well.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
Yeah, no. It’s October, remember?
3. What would you change about your living room?
I’m kinda over the green we painted on the walls. I’d put a gate up blocking off the kitchen. Put the DVD player/DVR in the entertainment center. Get rid of this goshforsaken carpeting once and for all. This is a pretty long list.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Clean. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t dirty dishes in the sink. Ahem.
5. What is in your fridge?
Oh geeze. Three kinds of milk, juice, soda, various and sundry condiments, lunchmeat, hot dogs, refrigerated dough, butter, cream cheese, bagels, cheese, yogurt… do I have to keep going here?
6. White or wheat bread?
Wheat. Or, in Harry’s case, whole wheat white, from Wonderbread.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator?
A bunch of dead plants.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain?
It’s a pale pinkish/purple with light purple embroidered vines on it. Goes with the whole purple motif I’ve got going on in there.
9. How many plants are in your home?
Alive and non-fake? 0.
10. Is your bed made right now?
Ha! Ha, ha, ha! That’s a good one.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub?
Like Lizarita, we’re big Lysol fans for cleaning bathrooms and such.
12. Is your closet organized?
Yeah, no. Not even CLOSE.
13. Can you describe your flashlight?
Flash… light? Riiiight. I think there’s got to be one around her somewhere…
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Plastic, if I can. And I try to only use one glass a day to cut down on dishes.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
Nope. Kile makes his own iced tea since he’s the only one who drinks it.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Is the Pope Catholic? At least we can park one of our vans in there.
17. Curtains or blinds?
Mostly blinds, but we have curtains in the living room and kitchen.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with?
2 under my head and 2 body pillows to support the body.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
Nope. Though we do when we have a newborn in the house, just very dim.
20. How often do you vacuum?
Uhm. Often enough?
21. Standard toothbrush or electric?
22. What color is your toothbrush?
Pink. Of course!
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yep, it’s got grapes on it. Or it did before it became covered with weeds and other debris.
24. What is in your oven right now?
A light? An oven rack or two? Other than that, nada.
25. Is there anything under your bed?
Nothing I want to know about, that’s for sure.
26. Chore you hate doing the most?
It’s a toss up. I hate cleaning bathrooms. I don’t much care for dishes either.
27. What retro items are in your home?
If we have anything retro in here, I can assure you that it’s not on purpose.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
No. Well, unless you consider the loft a separate room. But then, I don’t use that computer anymore so I guess the answer is no.
29. How many mirrors are in your home?
Let’s see… 4. Not too many, huh?
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
If we did, I’m sure we would have spent it by now.
31. What color are your walls?
In which room? The living room is sage green, the kitchen has one wall that’s a neutral tan (we need to paint the rest sometime), the loft is a pinkish tan which looks a lot better than it sounds, Liam’s room is pale yellow, our room is various shades of purple and Harry’s room is blue with a dark, dark blue ceiling (with glow in the dark stars on it!). He’s also got a rocket ship painted on his wall.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Yeah, not that I can think of. Even the dogs don’t really count.
33. What does your home smell like right now?
Nothing. Maybe a little like diapers but I hope not.
34. Favorite candle scent?
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Of course I have pickles! I’m pregnant! They’re store brand, which I always prefer when pregnant.
36. What color is your favorite Bible?
It’s pink and black. My in-laws gave it to me.
37. Ever been on your roof?
Nope and I hope I never am. This is a two story house, after all.
38. Do you own a stereo?
My cd player broke ages ago. Our DVD player/home theater system plays cds, does that count?
39. How many TVs do you have?
Operational and non-operational: 4.
40. How many house phones?
2. And they suck. I never answer it unless it’s someone I want to talk to.
41. Do you have a housekeeper?
Don’t I wish!
42. What style do you decorate in?
College-chic. We’re still a little in that post-college garage sale modge podge stage here. A lot of hand me downs.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solids. Or wood.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
A few. Hopefully, one or two even work. (I’ve had to take batteries out because of bleeping alarms in the middle of the night)
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
This is assuming that all the people and animals are safely out of the house? My laptop (all the photos on the hard drive!), other photo albums, the diaper bag and my purse.