What better for a day like today than to do a bit ol’ bulleted entry? I can’t think of anything, so here you go:
- I’m EXHAUSTED. It could have something to do with staying up to nearly midnight last night and then getting up before 7 this morning. I know, boo hoo. So many people get up way before 7. But I’m a narcolept when I’m pregnant and this being awake stuff is for the birds. Plus, my body just feels plain worn out.
- That said, it was nice when I was laying in bed trying to muster the strength to get up I felt a reassuring kick in my belly. So YAY for movement! I’m feeling it more and more these days, mostly after I’ve binged on Halloween candy (of which we still have a TON).
- My next doctor appointment is on Tuesday. This sort of stresses me out because I wish it was sooner. I’ll be 19 weeks then, and that’ll be when we schedule the BIG ultrasound. But I’m worried because most people have their ultrasounds by 20 weeks and that doesn’t give a lot of time between the appointment and the ultrasound. And I’m DETERMINED to know the gender of this child by Thanksgiving. If I don’t, I don’t know what I’ll be forced to do. So it’s a time game and I hate time games. I wish the appointment had been this week but no dice.
- This ultrasound is becoming an obsession. If this child is shy (like Liam was, darn him), I’ll probably have an aneurysm right there on the spot. I don’t know how some people wait until delivery. I don’t think I could do that in a million years. I NEED to know what this child is. Because there is that small chance that this could be a girl. And if that’s the case, I need plenty of time to get used to the idea.
- NaBloPoMo is doing fine so far, thank goodness. I’m almost excited to see what Kile posts up tomorrow. I hope it’s not any more embarrassing stories about me.