It doesn’t seem fair somehow that it should be Friday. I mean, it feels like the week only just started. Which, you know, it DID. But I’m definitely not complaining.
This morning finds my mind full of all sorts of stupid things so I need to empty it out here on the blog so I can move on with my day.
- We’re FINALLY getting some inclement weather. Sure, it’s rain and not snow but at this point I’ll take whatever I can get. I love love love looking outside and seeing the dark skies and foggy mountains. It makes me feel so much more… mellow.
- It’s looking like maybe, just MAYBE, I’ll finish my knitting project on time. But I made some stupid mistakes last night because I was in such a hurry. The good news is that I know what I did wrong and can make sure not to do it again next time. But it still ruffles my feathers that there are flaws. That’s what I get for being in such a hurry.
- I’m selling off some old diapers that weren’t really working for us anymore and used the money from that to buy some new diapers that will (*cough*goodmama*cough*). I’m excited for new diapers and just love that I can sell diapers in order to buy more. And I also love having an excuse to stalk the mailbox next week. Nothing beats getting some mail!
- After eight years, I am just SO TIRED of political arguments. If there’s anything the Bush years taught me, it’s that arguing with “the other side” does absolutely no good. There’s no changing their minds and they can’t change mine so why even bother? Still, hearing the same old rhetoric makes me want to bash my head into a wall. I’m sorry, but no matter how hard you try, you jus’t can’t change history. Sheesh.
- Evie slept good for a couple nights there. She didn’t come in with us during the night and slept through! Last night, however, was a different story. I know she doesn’t need to eat, I just think she gets lonely. She’s a snuggler, that one. And (it tickles me to say), she’s quite the mama’s girl.
- Have I mentioned her rolling? Because it’s downright adorable. Crawling? No. Pulling oneself up and cruising? No. Rolling? Oh heck yeah. She can outroll the best of them. She does seem rather adverse to being on her feet though. She still tries to turn one ankle inward and if I try to help her take steps while holding onto her hands, she just locks up her legs. Poor dear just isn’t at all interested with being very mobile.
- But she is a hungry lass! She loves the veggie and the cheese puffs from Gerber. You know, those things that look like puffy cheetos? ZOMG. She thinks those are the second coming. She’d cram ten of them at a time in her mouth if we let her. It’s nice to have a good eater after having a picky one.
- Speaking of Liam, he’s a wooly child. Does it cause him physical pain to just BE STILL for five minutes? Because I’m starting to think it does. He’s trying desperately to throw off his last remaining nap but I’m not ready to give it up yet. And depending on his mood that particular day, he can be rather awful to Evie. I have to watch him like a hawk. The popular refrain “Liam! No!” is heard often around these parts.
- I can has my new MacBook? I’m so tired of using this tarnated Google Chrome. It’s refresh capabilities leave something to be desired.
Okay, back to my knitting. Take it easy, folks and enjoy your Friday. Weekend time! Wee!