It was bound to happen sooner or later. And later is now sooner because I’m frankly too lazy to look up what day i was on the last time I posted this. OOPS. <— Grace Fail
- Little baby girl eyelashes that curl up when she cries.
- Naked toddler butts streaking across the bedroom, fresh from the bathtub.
- That smile Evie gives me when I go to get up from her crib after her nap.
- DVR service. Seriously. What the heck did I do before I had this??
- Liam’s pointy little chin. Don’t ask, I can’t possibly explain.
I’ve kind of dropped the “Grace in Small Things” ball, haven’t I? I guess it’s too much to assume I could remember to do this EVERY day for a full 365 days. Maybe it’ll be more like “four times a week or so”. That sounds more reasonable, right?
- Robert Pattinson. I know I’ve mentioned him before. But I’m watching “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” on ABC Family and it just has to be said again. The man is a god.
- Target. Shopping there brings me such joy. I just wish they’d open a Super Target out here.
- Knitting. I’m getting better every day and I’m very excited to make my family some things they can use and enjoy.
- 1/2 price slushies at Sonic from 2 to 4pm. God bless Sonic.
- Cupcakes at Whole Foods (photos to follow tomorrow). I got one in honor of my birthday (which is Friday) yesterday and ZO. M. G. So good.
This should be easy, seeing as how it’s a Friday and all…
- The weekend. The blessed, blessed weekend. Hallelujah.
- The taste of peppermint schanpps in hot cocoa.
- Finishing my very first knitting project (pictures to follow tomorrow!)
- How clean and warm I feel after taking a shower.
- Long phone conversations with a good friend. Thanks, Michelle.
Wow. I’m really kind of surprised at you guys. It took a looooong time before someone was finally able to identify #2 on last night’s list. And here I thought that was the easiest of all the quotes! You all need to brush up on your holiday movie knowledge.
- Evie is sleeping in her crib. At night, at least. She slept in there last night ALL NIGHT without waking. Holy heck!
- That we got our Christmas shopping done before the budget crisis hit.
- Fudge. No nuts.
- Red, red wiiiiine.
- Knowing tomorrow is a Friday. (Oh thank GOD)
This is the “Christmas Movie Edition” of my Grace in Small Things list. Because little makes me happier than a good (and yes, sometimes corney) Christmas movie. Bonus points if you can tell me the movie each quote is from!
- “Sons of bitches! Bumpuses!”
- “Don’t throw me down, Clark.” “I’ll try not to, Aunt Bethany…”
- “You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?”
- “Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. LOATHE ENTIRELY!”
- “I just like to smile! Smiling’s my favorite.”
Oh and also: Do you want me to send you one of my uber-fancy Christmas cards? If so, go to my contact page
and send me your address. Even if you think I might already have your address, send it anyhow. Because… uhm… I don’t. Ahem. (Note to self: make resolution this New Year’s to get more organized.)
Another day, another compilation of things that make me feel at peace. Hard to come by on a day like today where the dark clouds have followed me since before the sun came up.
- Cherry pie. I may have already mentioned this in a previous list but I love it so much that it bears mentioning again.
- When both children are tucked into bed and I can sit down and breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy the knowledge that for now, I am my own person again. (Of course, by then I’m too tired to really take advantage of it. Damnit.)
- Evie’s three-toothed grins. (Well, actually more like 2 1/2)
- I’d love to mention cherry pie again but I’m going to go with flannel sheets. I have nothing but love for flannel sheets.
- Television shows like Fringe. Because even though it makes my head hurt with all the twists and turns and bends and freak-outs, it truly is interesting and fun to watch. I don’t feel like I get to say that too much about television shows these days.
I seem to have established a routine of doing these at night. I’ve been finding it’s a nice way to wind down after a long day.
- Rockstar Energy Drink. I would stock a whole second refrigerator with this stuff if I could.
- My new knitting project (a baby hat). I’m impressing myself with all my straight stitches and minimal slipups (BTW, my Ravelry invite came through so look me up if you belong! marilynsp!)
- Watching my oldest play Wii and have such a good time with it. Makes the darned thing so worth it. (Also BTW, check out my review of Harry’s latest favorite game. It is WAY fun.)
- That it is December. I love this month (usually) (mostly). Now, if only it would SNOW.
- Having our outdoor Christmas lights on and working again (not that they were ever taken down from last year!). Makes me feel so much more festive!
Dangit. The weekend is over. BOO. But, I will find some joy in the sadness. That’s the whole idea of this, after all.
- Bedtimes. I am BEYOND ready for Harry and Liam both to go to bed. Evie can go to bed too, but she hasn’t been nearly as frenetic this afternoon.
- Cowboy Spaghetti, which Kile is making us for dinner right now. SO YUMMY.
- Blueberry pancakes for breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. (I sure do mention food alot, don’t I?)
- Cheap hot dogs at Sam’s Club for lunch. Tasty and budget friendly! Score!
- All my fabulous readers for their concern regarding my last post. You guys are really wonderful to worry and I am worried too. Something WILL happen, eventually. Hopefully just sooner rather than later.
Better late than never, right?
- California Pizza Kitchen’s frozen Thin Crust BBQ Chicken pizza. YUM.
- Leftover Thanksgiving Pinot Grigio mixed with some Sierra Mist to make a yummy spritzer.
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on TNT. “What’s taters, Precious?”
- Finding out there’s another slice of cherry pie left. Sweet!
- Knowing the weekend isn’t over yet. Ahhh…